The March/April 2016 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on the leading cause of general aviation accidents – loss of control. Articles in this issue will help pilots better identify loss of control warning signs, as well as fine tune mitigation strategies and recovery techniques that can improve flight safety in these situations.
Feature articles include:
- May the Force(s) Be With You – Using the Four Forces to Maintain Aircraft Control (p 10),
- Going Up? – Taking Control of Your Takeoffs (p 14),
- Surprise! – Combatting the Startle Effect (p. 18)
And be sure to check out our new Roll of Honor that lists all of the 2015 FAA Wright Brothers Master Pilot and Charles Taylor Master Mechanic award winners (p 26). Also, visitors to the 2016 Sun ‘n Fun International Fly-In and Expo (April 5-10) will find a handy list of scheduled FAA safety forums on page 5.
The link to the online edition is: http://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter - @FAASafetyBrief
FAA Safety Briefing is the safety policy voice for the non-commercial general aviation community. The magazine's objective is to improve safety by:
- making the community aware of FAA resources
- helping readers understand safety and regulatory issues, and
- encouraging continued training
Produced by the FAA Safety Briefing editors, http://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/
Address questions or comments to: SafetyBriefing@faa.gov.
Follow us on Twitter @FAASafetyBrief or https://twitter.com/FAASafetyBrief