(NOTE: You must purchase either the Garmin G1000 Checkout Course DVD, online course, or iOS app from Sporty’s before you can use this Learning Center course.)
Have you thought about flying an airplane with a glass cockpit system? Maybe you want to move from standard analog gauges and investigate digitally presented instrumentation. This program will introduce you to the Garmin G1000 glass cockpit technology. Most of the manufacturers of new aircraft are equipping them with glass cockpit systems. It's to your advantage to learn as much about them as possible.
This program helps the pilot review and consider the following:
• The makeup of the PFD and MFD, the various control units, buttons, knobs and softkeys.
• The appearance of the PFD on startup and its various flight instruments.
• The various symbols and markers on the digital flight instruments that are different from those on analog gauges.
• The four main page groups; MAP, Waypoint, Auxiliary, and Nearest.
• Cross-country and Approach concepts.
• Finding your way around the MFD.
• Emergencies and the G1000.
• Garmin’s Synthetic Vision Technology.
• Garmin options for the G1000.
After completion of this course material you will be asked to return here to complete the course quiz to receive the appropriate WINGS - Pilot Proficiency Program credit.