Pilot’s Guide to Airspace
(NOTE: You must purchase either the Pilot’s Guide to Airspace DVD, online course, or iOS app from Sporty’s before you can use this Learning Center course.)
In the 1990s, the aviation community adopted the International Civil Aviation Organization’s airspace classifications. Airspace is now designated from Class A through Class G, but eliminating Class F.
This program helps the pilot review and consider the following:
• Airspace divisions and their classifications.
• Communication and ATC’s role in the various classes of airspace.
• Pilot certification necessary to operate in the various classes of airspace.
• Ceiling and visibility requirements in the various classes of airspace.
• Knowing and understanding special use airspace and the Air Defense Identification Zone.
After completion of this course material you will be asked to return here to complete the course quiz to receive the appropriate WINGS - Pilot Proficiency Program credit.